Ever reach a brick wall in designing your app due to a shortage of artwork? I ran into this situation this morning, and figured I’d share what I’ve found for others that might be similarly design handicapped.
iPhone Tab Bar Icons
- GlyFX has a few sets available for purchase at http://www.glyfx.com/shop/listing/iphone/
- GLYPHISH has a large set for free at http://glyphish.com/
- Quality Icons Blog has a few free gaming focused icons available here http://qualityicons.blogspot.com/2009/08/iphone-tab-bar-gaming-icons.html
- eddit has a 160+ icon set you can purchase here http://www.eddit.com/shop/iphone_ui_icon_set/
- kombine has a 130+ icon set for sale at http://www.kombine.net/icon-store/iphone-tab-bar-icons
Just remember your app can get rejected for the incorrect use of icons or breaking the iPhone Human Interface Guidelines. I found the blog post “icon fail” by Under the Bridge extremely helpful in understanding the importance of selecting your icons.